Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Beginning

Welcome to my teaching blog! I am super excited to get started on this new chapter in my life! First of all, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am a first year teacher in a district that I grew up in. It's so wonderful to be working alongside some of the teachers that I looked up to growing up! I graduated from Shippensburg University in the fall of 2009. Since then, I have had loads of different experiences! I started out, as most do, as a day-to-day substitute teacher, fighting my way through the waters to get my name out there. Then, all of a sudden it seemed, my hard work payed off when I received a phone call for my first long term sub position in second grade. I have subbed in every single grade from Kindergarten to 12th grade, with the exception of 9th grade, with several long term assignments. Whoa, my eyes were certainly opened! Anyway, my last long term assignment landed me where I am now, happy as a clam, in third grade! Currently, I'm working on my Master's of Reading degree at Shippensburg University.

 I just started my journey on the teaching trail and I want to be able to share all of my ideas for reading, writing, and word work that I've come across over the years and help any other new or veteran teachers out there wanting a different way to do things. Stay tuned for some good stuff; you won't be disappointed!

Happy teaching! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for your comments!

Beth :)